Plano Stage 3 Water Restrictions 2013
Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:54 Written by Ken Butler Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 18:05
2013 Watering Restrictions
Stage 3 Restrictions Go Into Effect June 1st
One per week watering starts June 1st...again.
Odd Addresses: Tuesdays beginning June 4
Even Addresses: Thursdays beginning June 6
The City of Plano has instituted Stage 3 watering restrictions to reduce water use now and to ensure water needs are met this year.
Stage 3 Water Restrictions Include:
- Watering with sprinklers is permitted once a week
- Watering with sprinklers from 10am to 6pm is prohibited
- Foundations, first year plantings may be watered within a 10 foot radius for up to 2 hours with a hand held hose or a soaker hose.
- No hosing of paved areas, buildings, windows
- Hose end cutoff nozzle must be used when washing vehicles, power washing is okay
- No operation of ornamental fountains or outdoor amenities which use treated water
- Swimming pools may not be drained or refilled, except to replace the normal water loss
- No hydro-seeding, hydro-mulching or sprigging
- Planting cool season grasses such as rye grass is not allowed
- Excessive water runoff and watering during a precipitation event are prohibited
- Low flow drip irrigation systems are not restricted